Whilst the history of Holy Trinity goes back at least as far as 1270 when Henry III was king and we have the first record of a vicar of Rudgwick (simply referred to as Thomas), it was with the appointment of John Morris as vicar in 1989 that a new chapter in the life of Holy Trinity began.
John instigated a number of significant changes that laid the foundations for the substantial growth that we have experienced in recent years. When John retired in 1998 Richard Jackson was appointed as his sucessor. With Richard's leadership we became more mission focused, taking the good news of Jesus out into our community. It was soon after Richard's appointment that we formulated our mission statement: “Seeking to bring Jesus Christ into the heart of our community.” We have found this a useful guide as we have sought to develop our ministry to the village. In 2009 Richard moved on to be the mission and renewal adviser for Chichester Diocese and in April 2010 Martin King was appointed as vicar of Rudgwick.