"Lovely group, lovely people, yummy cake and lots of fun for my little boy!"
"We are new to the village and it's been so great to be able to meet some other local mums
and babies who all made us feel so welcome."
Rompers is a relaxed group that offers friendship and support for Mums and a chance for toddlers to meet, learn and play in a fun, calm and informal environment. It is a chance to meet with other local Mums and help your child discover and make friends through play, music and art.
Pre-COVID we met every Monday morning in term time, 10am - 11.30am at the church.
We've really missed you and we're looking forward to seeing some you again soon! Rompers won't look quite the same but you'll still get a big welcome!
Current plan from 14-Sept-2020 term time only.
We are aiming to offer a simple short, 30 mins, informal toddler service at 10.30am. This will essentially be a socially distanced circle time incorporating an age appropriate and interactive bible story, with rhymes and a musical instrument time, within the church building. Family "bubbles" will have an allocated space to sit, and there will be a bagged craft activity to take away.
Practicalities due to COVID-19
- Due to the layout of the church we will only be able to accommodate small numbers and so as such we would ask that you book in advance please by email us, and sadly do not just turn up on the day. This will also facilitate our ability to be able to enforce track and trace should the need arise.
- We will NOT be able to provide toys, baby gyms etc however, we will have sanitised "treasure baskets" for each bubble, to accompany the story and you are welcome to bring a small selection of your own toys to entertain your child/children.
- There will be no refreshments on offer and it will not be possible to provide toilets or nappy changing facilities but as we are only meeting for half an hour we hope this will not be too much of a problem.
Please do not attend if anyone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19: a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, or if you have been advised to isolate following contact tracing.
- Social distancing within and outside the church building will be essential
- Parents and carers will be responsible for ensuring children maintain social distancing, we will do what we can to help you. You are welcome to bring your pram /car seat into church. Doors will be kept open for good ventilation, so please bring warm tops with you, and covers for little ones.
- All adults will need to wear a face mask or covering due to the indoor nature of the group in a place of worship.
We're really hoping that, over time, we'll be able to welcome more and more of you to Rompers, and that we'll be able to offer more of the free play and chat (with coffee and cake) that we all love - but for now we're sure you understand!
We look forward to meeting you!